- World Environment Day is celebrated on June 5 every year.
The biological or “natural” environment contains all living things that communicate with each other to create the conditions for survival. The destruction of the natural environment reduces the ability of survivors to survive and heal.
The environment is everything around us, including soil, water, animals and plants, both living and non-living, that adapts itself to the environment around them. It is a gift from nature that helps nourish life on earth. it also like keeping our surroundings clean and also our thoughts toward others.
Also Read:- World Food Safety day 7 June 2022
WHAT ENVIRONMENT CONSIST OF :-
- Lithosphere: – The upper crust of the earth which consists of soil and plant roots is called lithosphere. This layer helps people to build and grow plants.
- Hydrosphere: – The hydrosphere includes anything related to sea, ocean water. The hydrosphere helps every living thing on the planet to survive.
- ATMOSPHERE: – This layer contains every gas like nitrogen, oxygen and carbon dioxide. It helps us take in oxygen and similarly plants take in carbon dioxide from it.
So the environment, in many ways, is the ‘backdrop’ of the narrative unfolding in human history, the habitats and resources that humans exploit, the ‘inland’ surrounding settlements, or the ‘desert’ that people have not yet domesticated or dominated.
Thus ‘environment’ can be considered as ‘space’ or ‘field’ where interaction, interconnection and interaction between entities takes place. For those who have studied the science of ecology, such a concept would be familiar, since environmentalists are concerned with both the biotic (living) and a biotic (inanimate) components of the ecosystem – and especially the interaction of those components.
The slogan of World Environment Day is :- Only One Earth.
Why is (WED)Environment Day celebrated?
For raising awareness about environmental issues such as wildlife crime , sustainable consumption , global warming, overpopulation and marine pollution. The goal of the day is to focus on the importance of the environment and to remind people that nature should not be neglected.
Also Read:- Angelo Moriondo 6Jun 2022
History of World Environment Day:-
The United Nations General Assembly (In 1972) established World Environment Day on the first day of the Stockholm Conference on the Human Environment. Two years later, in 1974, the first WED (World Environment Day) was held with the theme “Only One World”.
Sweden is the host country of World Environment Day.
How People celebrate World Environment Day?
People around the world celebrate (WED) World Environment Day in a variety of ways:- planting trees, cleaning up local beaches, organizing meetings, participating in online protests.
Here are ten simple steps We can do to help protect the Earth
- Reduce, reuse, and recycle. Follow the three “R’s” to save landfill space and natural resources .
- Bring reusable shopping bags and Buy less plastic.
- Drive less.
- Don’t use toxic chemicals at home and in the office.
- Plant trees. Trees provide us food and oxygen. These help to save energy, clean the air and tackle climate change.
- Conserve water.
#world environment day #world environment day #world environment day